At Irongate, "Real People For Real Results" is not just a slogan, It's a 40+ year commitment to common success.
Irongate: A Brief Chronology
- 1975: Irongate Inc., Realtors starts with 13 agents in one office (Centerville) and $15 million in total sales.
- 1977: Irongate grows to 26 agents with sales volume of $28 million.
- 1978: Second office (Kettering) opens with 16 agents. Total volume for the year is $47 million.
- 1982: Merger with Evergreen Realty. Irongate grows to 56 Realtors.
- 1984: Co-Owner John Griffith serves as the first DABR President from Irongate.
- 1986: Irongate becomes one of the first real estate companies in southern Ohio to self-load MLS data. Co-Owner Bob Ackerman chosen as Dayton Area Board of Realtors (DABR) "Broker of the Year"
- 1987: Third office (Dayton Mall) opens with 25 agents. 90 Irongate Realtors produce volume of $95 million. Co-owner Bob Ferguson chosen as DABR "Broker of the Year".
- 1994: Ohio Association of Realtors (OAR) honors Irongate advertising with 4 "Best in Ohio" awards.
- 1995: Co-owner Steve Brown elected DABR President.
- 1997: Merger with Area-Wide Realty in Clayton opens a North Office. Irongate Realtor Frank Gilland is DABR President. Irongate becomes the undisputed south Dayton market sales leader. Web site opens.
- 1999: Irongate Realtor Frank Gilland is DABR "Realtor of the Year". Company sales volume tops $400 million by 225 Realtors.
- 2001: Beavercreek office opens with 25 Realtors. Irongate Realtor Suzie Roselius is DABR President. Irongate Realtor Suzie Roselius is named OAR "2001 Realtor of the Year". Sales top $500 million.
- 2002: Co-Owner Steve Brown is OAR President, Howard Schumacher chosen 2002 DABR "Realtor of the Year". More than 55 experienced agents join the company in 4 months.
- 2004: Irongate opens a Springboro office. OAR honors Irongate again with a "Best in Ohio" award for classified advertising.
- 2007: The Great Recession begins to dramatically affect Dayton home market.
- 2008: Bob Wilson, from the Kettering office, is recognized as the DABR Owner/Manager of the year.
- 2009: Irongate wins a trifecta in community service: Centerville Co-Manager Ed Griffith is chosen "DABR Owner/ Manager of the Year", Centerville agents Dale Berry is chosen "DABR Salesperson of the Year" with Lois Sutherland honored with the "DABR Community Service Award".
- 2010: Irongate University, Irongate's training center in Springboro, celebrates its 5th birthday having offered scores of classes and seminars to Irongate agents, and home staging workshops to the public each year.
- 2011: Kettering Manager Bob Wilson is President of the DABR. Sales hold steady at near $500 million by 325 Realtors.
- 2012: Irongate owner Steve Brown elected as the 2014 President of the National Association of Realtors. For the first time in five years, sales begin to noticeably increase, suggesting the Great Recession in the housing market is finally easing!
- 2013: Irongate Names One of Dayton's Top Workplaces! Tracy Bitonti from Kettering named Top Realtor in sales for the second straight year.
- 2014: Irongate launches a revamped IrongateRealtors.com. Bob Morrison from Beavercreek is the DABR's Salesperson of the year, while Ryan Gillen from the Township is the DABR's Rookie of the Year.
- 2015: Fifty-eight Realtors join Irongate over the course of the year. Englewood's Beryl Wilson is awarded the Kindrick Fair Housing award; and Springboro's Tiffanie Burney and Township's Mike Meyer's are both honored as being among the "TOP 5 Under 40" by the Dayton Area Board of Realtors. Irongate tops $524 million in sales.
- 2016: Irongate sales reach almost $600 milion. 57 Realtors join Irongate.
- 2017: Irongate tops 350 Realtor-Associates! More to come!
- 2021: Irongate Inc., Realtors® is under new ownership. Steve Brown, broker and president, together with business partner, Greg Gillen, announced the sale of the company to Rhonda Chambal, a top-producing residential REALTOR®, and Tom Kretz, a successful commercial REALTOR®. As partners, they are taking the reins with plans to grow Dayton’s largest independent real estate brokerage brand while maintaining Irongate’s long tradition of providing unparalleled customer service. Steve Brown and Greg Gillen will provide key advisory and mentoring roles for the new owners and will continue to actively sell real estate as Irongate agents.
At Irongate, Real People For Real Results is not just a slogan, it's a commitment to a common future.