School & Education Information
From specialized business schools, technical institutes, two-year colleges, four-year universities, to specialized post-graduate medical and research facilities, the Dayton and Miami Valley area is fortunate to have many institutions of higher education. Many of the following schools and institutions have evening and adult education programs as well.
If you are thinking about moving to this area, feel free to learn more about our local schools and higher education opportunities below. Also, feel free to contact us. We would love to help with your real estate transaction!
- University of Dayton - The largest independent university in Ohio, this coeducational, comprehensive institution with 14,000+ students also ranks among the 10 largest Catholic universities in the United States. Founded in 1850 and located just south of downtown Dayton, the University of Dayton offers a full range of undergraduate degrees, and has several graduate schools offering specialized degrees in engineering, education, law and business.
- Wright State University - From its Fairborn campus east of Dayton, Wright State University offers more than 100 undergraduate and 30 graduate and professional degree programs, including those from its nationally-recognized school of medicine. Founded in 1967, total enrollment is nearing 17,000 students.
- Sinclair Community College - Located on an attractive contemporary campus in the heart of downtown Dayton, Sinclair Community College is the largest of the region's colleges with 19,500 full and part-time students. As the public community college of Montgomery County, Sinclair offers one year certificates and two year associate programs in a wide variety of subjects, including business, engineering and health professions.
- United Theological Seminary - A graduate school of theological studies affiliated with the United Methodist Church, United Theological Seminary is a nationally renowned ecumenical center for training in urban ministries. More than 600 students are presently studying at UTS.
- Kettering College of Medical Arts (Andrews University) - A two-year junior college on the campus of the Kettering Medical Center in the suburb of the same name, KCMA offers degrees in allied health fields such as nursing, physicians assistant, respiratory therapy, radiological sciences, biomedical electronics, among others. Current enrollment is more than 700 students.
- College of Osteopathic Medicine (Ohio University) - A satellite campus of Ohio University in Athens, the College of Osteopathic Medicine trains osteopathic physicians in conjunction with Grandview Hospital in the Grafton Hill neighborhood of Dayton.
Business & Technical Schools
- ITT Technical Institute
- Miami Jacobs College
- School of Advertising Art
- Ohio Institute of Photography and Technology
Nearby Colleges & Institutions
- Air Force Institute of Technology (Wright-Patterson AFB)
- Antioch College (Yellow Springs)
- Central State University (Wilberforce)
- Miami University (Oxford, Hamilton & Middletown)
- Wilberforce University (Wilberforce)
Public & Private Schools
Your REALTOR® can provide you with specific school district sheets providing full information, including average class sizes, cost per pupil ratios, extra-curricular activities, etc., for the more than 60 public school districts and many of the private schools in the Miami Valley. We also have informational sheets for many private schools as well.