Tips for Viewing Homes
When a potential home has been selected, your REALTOR® will then contact the seller's agent to arrange a private showing for you as quickly as possible. There are a few local "ground rules" observed by all members of the Dayton Area Board of REALTOR® regarding the viewing of homes. The most important are:
- As the seller is normally responsible for any commission due to a REALTOR® for the sale of their property, the buyer is able to use the services, knowledge, experience and resources of a REALTOR® at no cost.
- Your agent will show you any property listed by any member of the Dayton Area Board of REALTORS®.
- It’s very important to remember that your real estate agent must accompany you "across the threshold" of any home that is listed by another REALTOR®. This includes open houses, as well as showings by appointments. If not, and you have not made it clear to the REALTOR® showing the home that you are working with an agent, your agent will lose the ability to represent you in any transaction concerning that property.
- Irongate also sells new homes. Building your own custom home is a real option in the Miami Valley!
- Occasionally, your agent may suggest a "For Sale By Owner" home if it meets your search criteria. Our goal is to help you view all available properties—not only those marketed by other REALTORS®.
When you tour a property rely on your real estate agent to draw your attention to its most important features—both good and bad. In addition, be sure to do the following:
- Check the Residential Property Disclosure to ascertain the seller's knowledge of the property. Remember, this statement of condition is no substitute for conducting your own inspections. Does the interior of the home lend itself to your lifestyle? Additionally, look at the setting.
- Very simply, does the house feel like home? Only you can decide what the potential of any house may be for you and your family.
Are you ready to view homes in the Dayton or Miami Valley areas? Let Irongate Realtors lead the way! Contact us to get started today.